Getting Login problem

Get help with troubleshooting issues
jhfva

Getting Login problem

Post by jhfva » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:48 am

I was experimenting with the "Web Portal Design" last night. After I finished, I selected Reset. Now when I try to login, I get the original login screen but when I click Log On, a popup appears and says "Login problem". What do I need to change?

Also, we installed the self signed SSL certificate, but this was done 30 minutes before the sign problem started.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting Login problem

Post by admin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 am

Hello,

Restart the web services in the web tile of the admin tool and refresh your client browser.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

jhfva

Post by jhfva » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:43 am

Just tried that, again, and it didn't help. I get the login screen, I fill out the blanks, click Log on. The screen changes to Your online security is important to us...... then I get the popup box that says Message fro webpage...Login problem.

This also happens when done from the Preview button on the Look & Feel page.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 am

Hello,

Open an admin tool, and click on "Web Management Tool". make sure all features are set to green. if not, click on "Restart Web Server". If the server won't start, make sure you have not installed another web server or application that would be using the TCP port 80 and/or 443 (Skype and Teamviewer for example). One easy test to do is to change the port of your webserver and restart the server again. A faq regarding this subject is available here : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=6

Make also sure that your firewalls and / or antivirus (software or hardware) are not blocking port 80 and/or port 443 or any TSplus processes located in these two folders :

C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus
C:\wsession

Open a browser on the server, type in the address http:// 127.0.0.2 and open a connection using the RemoteApp or html5 mode. You should be able to open a session with a local or domain account.

If it still wont connect, uninstall java and delete the java folder located in C:\Program Files x86\ and C:\ProgramData (this is a hidden folder) then reinstall java 64 bits on the server and make sure antivirus or firewall software are not blocking HTML5service.exe and SSHtunnel.exe processes.

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

jhfva

Post by jhfva » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:26 am

1. The Web Management Tool shows the features are checked, but not green. I'm guessing that the same thing.
2. Firewall shows ports 80 and 443 are open using open port testing. The firewall on the computer is actually disabled. I disabled the Trend Micro anti virus on the computer. I don't see any problem accessing the files but I don't know how to be sure other than logging
3. Using IE on the terminal computer going to 127.0.0.2 gives the same problem using the thml5 mode
4. Removed JAVA the deleted the c:\Program files x86\ directory. Nothing was found with java in the c:\programdata directory. Reinstalled java to the latest version from their website. Note that when uninstalling java, 2 program html5service and sshtunnel.exe we shown as warnings as using java. Restarted the computer and the problems remains.

There is no problem logging in using remote desktop from another computer, but the HTML web access is not accepting login credential.

John

jhfva

Post by jhfva » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:05 pm

As I said, I had been playing with the Web Portal Design. I did a Reset. It appears that this reset turned on in the Web Credentials, the Web Access Page, Enable Web Credentials option. After unchecking this box, everything is now working as it did.