How does Smart Sizing Work?

Get help with installation and setup problems
dcipher

How does Smart Sizing Work?

Post by dcipher » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 pm

I have an application that uses 1024 x 768 screen resolution but if a user has a 4K screen and accesses the application via TSPlus the application appears as a very small square at the top left of the screen. I was hoping that using the smart sizing it might scale up the the connection window so the application would appear larger but I have not found any way to make that happen using smart sizing. So can someone explain how smart sizing works and what purpose it serves?

Thanks
Simon

dcipher

Re: How does Smart Sizing Work?

Post by dcipher » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi

I just discovered that MS Remote Desktop Client has a Zoom feature once you are connected to the server that you can access by right-clicking on the Computer icon at the top left of the screen. It allows you to zoom the screen from 50% to 300% (as long as you do not have smart screen sizing turned on). Since I did not know this I thought I would pass along the information in case others were unaware of this feature as well.

So this solves the problem my clients have with 4K screens.

Simon

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Hello Simon,

The smart sizing is a setting meant to be used with the RDP client so that the screen resolution enhance or diminishes as you drag the window by the corner of the screen with your mouse.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi

I will have to give that a try.

Simon