callto, sip or tel URI redirection to local client

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
Marlon1337

callto, sip or tel URI redirection to local client

Post by Marlon1337 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi,
is it possible to redirect the URIs:
callto:
sip:
tel:
?
I am running a softphone on a tsplus server, however the sound coming from it is nice, but the redirected microphone makes phone calls not possible.
So i am looking for a way to get URIs like callto:12345678 to the local PC to make the call. So i access the app via the floating panel and it calls directly on the PC.
Please help.

//Edit, i managed it to send the callto action directly as parameter to the urltoclient.exe, it works, however it will always open a tab. If It would be possible to not do that that would be amazing.

bzdega

Re: callto, sip or tel URI redirection to local client

Post by bzdega » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 am

Hi,

i tried this also a while ago, but i was not happy with the audio quality.

Can you explain this:

- where is your softphone installed (local or on TSplus server?)
- how do you setup urlonclient to handle sip:number?

Thanks

Michael

Marlon1337

Re: callto, sip or tel URI redirection to local client

Post by Marlon1337 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:10 am

Having a softphone on a TSPlus server wiill not work without modyfing the windows audio renderer. The problem is the WASAPI itself, that's why Skype for Business is having a special audio rendering mode to allow RDP calls. However most of the SIP clients don't have this feature or you need to get a special VDI SIP client like cisco VDI Jabber, or Bria VDI 5 however they cost a lot... .Free phones don't have this feature.

However i can use the urlonclient.exe to send urls to my local PC where the softphone is installed. Sadly this is only possible if you develop the software, which makes the calls, by yourself, because you can't passthrough plain "callto" links without modification. You always need to send them to C:\wsession\urlonclient.exe as a parameter.
However it is possible to write a simple application which will be called by the callto URI which just takes the URL and passes it as a parameter to the urlonclient.exe .
But i hope TSPlus developers will take up on this and make it possible to passthrough a variety of URIs, because this should not be a big problem from the technical side.