MS Teams

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
arbor-inc

MS Teams

Post by arbor-inc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi,

We're about to start testing TSP, and I was wondering, has anyone had any issues or insights with Microsoft "Teams"? I'm planning to implement Teams as a corporate-wide messaging platform. I have so far installed Teams on one of our test server (2012R2) - TSP is NOT yes installed (with only 15 days of trial, I'm trying to postpone installing it as long as I can.... 8-) ), and I'm noticing that Teams will only run for the user that installed it, but if another user is logged in to the server, it won't run. Must be profile related issue.
Any input will be highly appreciated!
ty,
/DL

admin
Site Admin

Re: MS Teams

Post by admin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello,

Maybe this kind of application will need to be installed once per user in a separate installation folder for each user.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

arbor-inc

Post by arbor-inc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for the replay, and my apologies for the very belated reply...

As I mentioned earlier, I am evaluating TSP (about 50 simultaneous users) as a replacement for our RDS. I'm looking for some guidance (docs, articles) regarding the installation and propagation of Office 365 and components (SfB/Teams) in a two-servers farm deployment.
You said that "Teams" might need to be installed on a per user basis, in a different folder - do you mean by using GPOs? is this true for the entire O365 suite? Are there any documents or templates available?

thx in advance!
/DL

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Hello,

We have no experience of this particular application "Team". However you will not have to install Office once per user as it is supported.
Usually, procedure for installing a software in a RDS environment will work fine with TSplus as it is RDP based.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

arbor-inc

Post by arbor-inc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Looks like it is working just like any other Office component. In other words, once installed, it will propagate to all other users upon 1st logon - at least in my setup. So far I'm just publishing the entire desktop (RDS mode I guess), with Office 365 (and Teams) installed by admin user. profiles are then copied to c:\users\%username%\appdata\local...etc... just as it does with RDP.

A good sign, so far.
/DL