remote connection to other clients environment

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
ananda89

remote connection to other clients environment

Post by ananda89 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:48 am

Dear Experts/Admin,

We've, our company, been using TSPlus for quite a time to provide remote connections to some of our clients. But recently there're some issues, one of our clients keep asking whether they can get somewhat like on-screen (where we teach them steps on what to point/what to click/what's going to happen next kind of training - online-based) tutorial.

I know some other softwares that seems to cover the problem, but we already paid for tsplus licenses and feel reluctantly - very - of paying other software to solve the issue, so here I'm wondering whether TSPlus software could also provide us features allowing us to connect to client session (see the same exact screen as they see) and guide them on the same screen?

hope to getting the answer soon, have a nice day...

best regards,
ananda

hansen

Re: remote connection to other clients environment

Post by hansen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:53 am

Depending on which version of Windows you're using as the TSplus server, then it allows Shadow Sessions.

You can access sessions through the mstsc.exe command or via the Task Manager, click the User tab, right click a user and select Connect.

AadGouka

Post by AadGouka » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi Hansen,

That's a nice tip you're giving, but I'm under the impression that when I connect, the session of the user is ended.
Do you mean that when you connect, it has the same effect as i.e. Teamviewer.

There is another option in the menu "Remote control". I used this once, but my screen frooze.

Best regards,

Aad

hansen

Post by hansen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Sorry Aad, you're right. They have updated something in the task manager, but you can still use the command or TSplus AdminTool > Server > Session Manager > select the user and click Remote Control.
It'll ask the user if they want to grant remote session. Note, don't try to remote to yourself, it'll fail badly.