Being Lazy and Looking for a Quick Answer

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
OldGuyWalking

Being Lazy and Looking for a Quick Answer

Post by OldGuyWalking » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Here's the situation -

- I have been issued a locked down laptop that requires administrative rights and admin password to access it remotely using MS RDC. (I can, however, access my home computer using the laptops RDC)

- When I work at home (over 50% of the time) I want to access the laptop remotely using my home computer so I can display and control the laptop using my desktop monitors (I have 4 - 23" displays), keyboard and mouse. I hate having to work on the tiny laptop screen and manually having to switch from my desktop keyboard to the laptop keyboard in order to respond to emails or access information. The laptop is physically with me and connected to my home network.

- It would have to be portable since nothing can be installed on the machine without an admin password. I have several other portable applications that I currently run on that machine without difficulty.

- I want to be able to connect using Windows 7 RDC from my home computer and not have to learn a new interface because I currently use RDC to access a personal laptop and separate Win XP desktop on my home network.

- I need a single license.

Is this something your product can do?

Thanks

Is there anything

admin
Site Admin

Re: Being Lazy and Looking for a Quick Answer

Post by admin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello,

I do not think you need TSplus for that purpose, activate the remote desktop on your main computer and redirect the 3389 TCP port on your internet box (don't forget to allow 3389 traffic on your firewall too) and you'll be able to use your windows RDC. Beside it is not possible to purchase a single user license for TSplus.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator