Options available

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
ThysMarais

Options available

Post by ThysMarais » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi,

I've downloaded the trial version and would like to know a bit more about the product to plan before we install and start the trial. Some questions please.

1. The application we want to publish for a subscription service is written in Clarion and runs on MS SQL. We have several ActiveX components that is used with the application - one being a visual component we developed in .NET. What kind of problems could we expect with Clarion applications, as well as from any ActiveX component?

2. Your documentation refers to Windows Server 2008 only. Has it been tested on Windows Server 2012?

3. If all goes as planned, the cost of TSplus will be covered by clients. So every client could have their own server with a TSplus license. Is there a developer version of TSplus available, that is possibly cheaper than the other licenses?

4. A shared fold is also important for the application. I did read some comments in the FAQ which seem to cover our requirements. But please confirm that TSplus will allow the client to upload files to the server as if it is done on to a workstation.

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.
Thys

admin
Site Admin

Re: Options available

Post by admin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello,

I will try to answer your questions below :

1) TSplus has been validated successfully for Clarion users, I do not know the detail of the installation process of your applications with TSplus but Clarion tech support should know about this.

2) Windows 2012 is supported by TSplus.

3) I do not know for sure about this, it would be better to ask someone at Clarion.

4) Yes, file transfer is possible in multiple way to match your preferences so this is not an issue.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator