Application licensing....

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
Darthter

Application licensing....

Post by Darthter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I have recently purchased a 3 user licence of TSPlus.

On a MS Terminal server if you have a 50 user license for RDP, you should have 50 licenses for MS Office (for example) to run on the server. Is this still the same with TSPlus??? Do I need to have 3 licenses for MS Office to cover the potential 3 users on TSPlus???

admin
Site Admin

Re: Application licensing....

Post by admin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello,

Regarding the use of any application with TSplus, you need to comply to the licensing policy of each software company.

For Office it is stated that any users having a valid license of Office can use his Office remotely. So yes : this means one license of Office per users.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

cmaciejewski

Post by cmaciejewski » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Question regarding this - in a typical Microsoft RDS envrionment, Microsoft requires you to use "volume licensing" or enterprise versions of Office, which cost a bit. With TS Plus would the same apply? Or, as long as you have 8 copies of Office Home & Business for the 8 users is this OK?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello,

You will have to comply to Microsoft Office Eula in this regard. However you can install a personal edition of Office as long as you have one valid license for each users using Office application remotely.

Kingsoft and OpenOffice are alternative to Office and work also very well with TSplus.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

bzdega

Post by bzdega » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:08 am

My recommendation is https://www.softmaker.com/en/, a very good alternative for Microsoft Office .