TS Plus - Sandboxing

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
arlesterc

TS Plus - Sandboxing

Post by arlesterc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 am

We have a program from a vendor that currently works for only one user on a Windows 2008 R2 running TS Plus It is a program that gets invoked for user in their profile when they login and what it does is that whenever they go to print a document, they get a popup that asks them to enter some information and then they can print. The problem is that this was never written originally for multiple people to use so that when a second person goes to use it, the whole server can get locked/freeze/reboot. The vendor is working on a multi-user version but it's not going to be here soon. Could I use a sandboxing program like Sandboxie to get around this in a TS Plus environment? if not any other thoughts/ways of getting this done?

admin
Site Admin

Re: TS Plus - Sandboxing

Post by admin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello,

What you could try maybe is install this application multiple time in separate folders, one installation per users. If this does not work either you can try sandboxing in which case it can work, but as always I recommend testing before buying as some applications have trouble getting sandboxed properly. ThinApp from VMWare gave good results for some of our customers.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

arlesterc

Re: TS Plus - Sandboxing

Post by arlesterc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks. I will give that a try.