Upgrade to Web Version

General conversation about our product. Get help with your 'How To' questions.
jheymann

Upgrade to Web Version

Post by jheymann » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm a new client of TSPLUS, and we bought the System version. I now understand that it is impossible to upgrade to the web version, and the only upgrade available is to the more expensive Secure Web version. Why is this? It seems like there are a lot of similar rules/issues that make this product difficult to deal with from a licensing perspective.

It seems to me that there ought to be upgrade options to any version that is available. Ideally, it should just be the difference in original price, but that is up to you. After all, are you trying to discourage people from upgrading your product?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to Web Version

Post by admin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 am

Hello,

Yes you are right: We reward the customers deciding to buy 20 users, rather than 5 users, or, to buy upfront a Mobile Edition rather than a System Edition.
It's normal and logical isn't it?
However, we hope that you noticed that our prices and upgrade cost are much lower than Citrix.
So, pricing shall never be a barrier for our customers.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

jheymann

Post by jheymann » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:12 pm

That makes absolutely no sense. Your upgrade pricing already charges an extra $25 over the difference in price. To say you can't have what you want because you are already a customer does the exact opposite of what you want to do, which is encourage sales to existing customers, and show that customers are precious to you. How many upgrade sales is this going to cost you? How many new customers aren't going to buy, if they find out about your practices in time? If nothing else, how many are going to wait before buying, since upgrading is so restricted? According to organizations like 6sigma, customers like me are going to tell an average of 8 people about difficulties like this. What good are low prices if you have a reputation for now treating your customers well?

Thank you for replying.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Interesting reaction and quite incredible.
The bargaining abilities of some people has amazed me for years.
It seems that some culture produces an uncommon blend of innovative thinking, business-minded aggression, and comfort with numbers.
EVERY transaction must be negotiated. Even a tiny cost of $25 that for sure does not matter for us and hopefully shall not matter for you shall turn into an end-less bargaining process.
The cost of a Citrix 10 users license is over $3.500 and the 10 users TSplus Web Secure Edition is $425 (only); but you are arguing.
The cost of 10 RDS license + 10 Ericom AccessNow licenses is $2.500 and the 10 users TSplus Mobile Edition is $500 (only); but you are writing "That makes absolutely no sense. Your upgrade pricing already charges an extra $25 over the difference in price."
We know that our pricing are outrageously attractive and our customer greatly appreciate it.
We decided our new price list strategy two years and half ago. Every day, our customers deciding to extend their TSplus capabilities.
If you wish to add users or feature to your existing TSplus license, please do so. You know the rules; nothing is hidden and + or - $25 will not change your life.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

jheymann

Post by jheymann » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't care about $25. It is reasonable to have a cost for processing a transaction. My concern is that I CAN'T upgrade to the version I want. You only offer an upgrade to Secure Web or Corporate. I can't just add the universal printer, or the regular web version, unless I buy them new. Add that to the fact that I can't turn off features in the product, and it makes it very restrictive. You are basically saying that you offer some versions ONLY to new purchasers, and not to existing customers. This is not mainly a price issue, but a choice issue. The secure web version will add some overhead that I don't want, and don't need, but since I already purchased your product, I have very limited choices. If you think that these are the only two reasonable versions, then you shouldn't offer the other versions for new sales either. That is what doesn't make sense.

Sorry for the confusion. Thank you.