Validate program value when starting remote app

Get help with troubleshooting issues
gregr

Validate program value when starting remote app

Post by gregr » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:44 pm

I have noticed that if there is no Desktop, Taskbar, Floating Panel and Application Panel configured and an invalid program name is used in the url when starting a remote app, e.g.

Code: Select all

https://[your server]/software/html5.html?user=@test&program=some.program.exe&startupdir=&params=
then the remote session is started with all the applications for that user starting one after the other.

If the Floating Panel is configured, then in the above scenario the remote session is started with the Floating Panel. I haven't tried any of the other options, i.e. Desktop, Taskbar, Application Panel

I would expect that the value used for program is validated against the list of published applications for that specific user. If the value is invalid then the session should be terminated and the user redirected to configurable url.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Validate program value when starting remote app

Post by admin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Hello,

You can force this behavior with this setting located in the admin tool / advanced / sessions :
Capture52.JPG
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

gregr

Re: Validate program value when starting remote app

Post by gregr » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response, however I don't see how it is related to the problem I described. I tried your suggestion anyway, in case it worked but it did not. Let me explain the issue another way:

I have a configured user with applications assigned to them. Web Credentials is enabled and there is a mapped web credentials for the user. Now if a random, non-existing application is used as an value for the program url parameter then all the applications assigned to the user will be started in the returned remote session. So in my example, I have a user with a web login of "test" and with Notepad and Chrome assigned to them. When the following url is called

Code: Select all

http://[your server ip]/software/html5.html?user=@test&program=some.random.program.name.exe&startupdir=&params=
a remote session is returned with Notepad and a few seconds later Chrome is started in the same session.