Remoteapp over html5 so slow

Get help with troubleshooting issues
maroon

Remoteapp over html5 so slow

Post by maroon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Dear Sirs,

I published an App over html5 for mac users and unfortunately, they are experiencing slowness. I monitored the connection and the bandwidth is not reaching 500kbps over internet connection knowing that we are using a full fiber connection.

P.S: We tried it over LAN and it is good.

Is there any limitation? any tweaks should be done? please advise.

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remoteapp over html5 so slow

Post by admin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Hello,

It will be slow if you are using a VPN or if you connect from a limited bandwidth remote place.

What you could do is reduce the maximum of graphic effects and colors.

You are connecting using the HTML5 web client so open an admin tool \ web portal \ HTML5 client and check the "Use recommended value" box. Refresh your client browser.

HTML5options.png

Right click on "My computer" and click on properties. click on advanced system properties, performances, visual effects, and select "Adjust for best performances". This setting can be set on client and server side and will enhance graphic performance.

You can also make sure that your graphic adapter drivers are up to date as well as your RDP protocols and windows updates.

You can also force the use of the classic theme using group policy : To do so, type gpedit.msc in start search and hit Enter to open the Group PolicyEditor. Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization. Now in the right pane, double click on Force a specific visual style or force Windows Classic. Enable the group policy and leave the field blank to enforce windows classic theme. Reboot and open a command prompt and run the gpupdate /force command.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator