HTML5 Clients doesnt logoff

Get help with troubleshooting issues
it+t

HTML5 Clients doesnt logoff

Post by it+t » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:55 am

In newest TSPLUS-Version, 12.60.1.13, non of our HTML5-Clients logging out after closing the Browser Windows.
The windows-Session is only disconnected instead of logging of.

W.send_logoff = true; is not changed

Enviroment: Win Server 2019

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTML5 Clients doesnt logoff

Post by admin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am

Hello,

You may need to refresh your client browser with ctrl + F5 to reflect changes of new version.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

it+t

Post by it+t » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks for your quick response, Olivier!

This is a complete new install, so the issue persists also in a new/refreshed Browser.

This problem doesnt exist on our other TSPLUS-Servers (< 12.40)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello,

Did you check your disconnection settings ? I don't think we changed much in this regard.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello,

there was no change regarding that setting from html5 client side, probably main office disabled it since it is not html5 feature to react on this command and only server side part from TSplus finally decides it, probably @admin can assign your ticket to TSplus team if you create ticket.
However rather than to rely on this command you should setup lower timeout for disconnected sessions, as example 5000ms.

Sincerely yours, JW.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

it+t

Post by it+t » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 am

If i publish for example FloatingPanel with some Apps, it works perfectly via the Connection-Client (Remote-App).
When i access this with HTML5-Client, pressing "logoff" or closing the Browser, the User never logged of from the Server.
Instead the user gets a black screen and cannot relogin anymore.

it+t

Post by it+t » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:24 am

admin wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Hello,

Did you check your disconnection settings ? I don't think we changed much in this regard.
Then the Session terminated, that is not my goal.
The Session must be "intact", but when a user wants to really logoff, the session should be terminated.
But in 12.60 this is not possible anymore. We need this feature.

it+t

Post by it+t » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 am

Ticket #11959 opened.

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 pm

it+t wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 am
When i access this with HTML5-Client, pressing "logoff" *** the User never logged of from the Server
That is the main point you should mention in the ticket, that when pressing logoff it wents to black screen and doesn't really logoff. So you could exlude by correct description of problem all wrong assumptions. However you should check firstly if it logoffs correctly with html5 client when you open usual desktop, not any kind of started app, i think that information will be useful for the team to debug correctly.

Additionally you should start second session under different user as admin with visible desktop, start taskmanager and check in taskmanager runnging processes of the another user that didn't logoff properly, if there runs any kind of process in loop and consumes CPU, or kill the processes of that hanging user one by one, and then from taksmanager press logoff button for hanging user and see how it acts, if it it logs off then. I think if the issue is not reproducable elsewhere except your environment then there is no other way around than to check these things.

Sincerely yours, JW.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

it+t

Post by it+t » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks for your Input.

What i not understand, when the user X is logging in via Connection-Client and logs off, logoff is successfully.
This is not the case if the user connects over HTML5.

So the logoff button is useless in HTML5?