Loadbalancing and disconnected user

Get help with troubleshooting issues
bzdega

Loadbalancing and disconnected user

Post by bzdega » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:43 am

Hi,

i have a loadbalanced Farm with 7 TSplus servers. I configured the startparameters on each TSplus server so, that only one session per user is possible and after re-login the user should get his disconnected session.

This works in a singe TSplus installation, but not in a loadbalanced environment. In this scenario a user gets another session when he reconnect after he was disconnected.

How can i manage, that disconnected users gets his old disconnected session in a loadbalanced Serverfarm?
2019-12-12 11_31_28-meisinger.proalpha.cloud und 2 weitere Seiten - Persönlich - Microsoft Edge.png
best regards
Michael

bzdega

Re: Loadbalancing and disconnected user

Post by bzdega » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:29 am

I have activated the "Sticky Session" feature, on my Farm-Controller, but this does not solve the problem.

I only have to setup the loadbalancing on the Farmcontroller? Or do i have to setup the loadbalancing on every server?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello,

You either need to specify manually each settings on each server independently or use the farm manager for a centralized access on a various set of Windows and load balancing settings. More information on how to set the farm manager can be found here, the most important : https://docs.dl-files.com/tsplus/farm-setup
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

bzdega

Post by bzdega » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:32 pm

sorry, but this is not presice enough.

As i said, i have setup the farmcontroller on server1, add all other application servers (server2-server6) to the farm, configured and activated the reverse proxy on the farm controller (server1) and enabled the Sticky Session feature on the farm controller (server1).

When is use the farm controller feature, what do i have to setup on the application servers?

The docs are also not precise enough about this point.

e.g. the Sticky Session feature is not available in the farm controller settings... and with my configuration a disconnected user always start a new session instead of connecting to his disconnected session.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello,

Could you open a support ticket and provide us with an access to your server so that we can check this out ?
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

bzdega

Post by bzdega » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:10 pm

done. #10888