Where are the web credentials stored?

Get help with troubleshooting issues
dcipher

Where are the web credentials stored?

Post by dcipher » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi

On one of my servers running Windows 2016 the web logins are failing since I upgraded to ver 12.5. So I was wondering where the credentials are stored. I have tried deleting and re-creating the credentials but the login page always says "Invalid Credentials". So am thinking that maybe the file where the credentials are stored might be corrupt and should be deleted.

Thanks,
Simon

dcipher

Re: Where are the web credentials stored?

Post by dcipher » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Here is an example of what I am seeing. I created a new web user and assigned the password as "1234567". Then I tried to login and received the invalid credentials warning. You can see from the console that I entered the password correctly and that the user name matches the web credentials. .

Simon
Attachments
TSPlus.gif

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello,

Have you tried clearing your client's browser cache with ctrl + F5 ?
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes I completely cleared browser cache of everything and I got the same result. So I tried from a Linux workstation that has never been used to access this site and the result is the same. The credentials are always invalid.

Simon

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi

After some javascript debugging I discovered that the responseText from the server contains an error message. This is why the login fails. I have added the error message to my support ticket and am waiting their response. Just for completeness here is what is returned to the browser when I try to login:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.CheckIllegalCharacters(String[] str, Boolean onlyCheckExtras)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.get_FullyQualifiedName()
at ?????????????????????????????????????????()
at .cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
"

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Support has been able to fix this problem. They changed a couple of security settings and things started to work again. They were unable to explain why it stopped working after two years.

Simon