Azure Windows Server 2019 and RemoteApp window issues

Get help with troubleshooting issues
johnrollins

Azure Windows Server 2019 and RemoteApp window issues

Post by johnrollins » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am

I raised a helpdesk call with TSPlus but their response is that they can't help, so I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience running an Azure Windows Server 2019 VM and the RemoteApp connection.

This is a RemoteApp problem only. HTML5 works fine.

Any application run on the server using RemoteApp does not give us the diagonal resize pointer in the bottom right of the window. It also doesn't give the vertical resize at the bottom of the window. Additionally, if the window is resized horizontally or vertically then moved it reverts back to the previous size either cropping or leaving a large black rectangle depending on if the window was enlarged or reduced.

Sizing on the opposite plane fixes the problem, so this looks like a repaint issue. This issue occurs on any client hardware, any of our customers or ours.

TSPlus support have told me to revert to the classic theme, and update drivers on the server / client or revert to Server 2012 / 2016. I can't revert to old versions of Server (and don't see why I should), the classic theme does not fix this problem and the drivers are all up to date.

Does anyone else use Azure Server 2019 and have this issue?

Thanks,
John