Upgrading FlexiCloud from 11.70.x to 12.x revert license to trial mode

Get help with troubleshooting issues
cmarsura

Upgrading FlexiCloud from 11.70.x to 12.x revert license to trial mode

Post by cmarsura » Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi,
I have some Windows 2012 R2 servers with FlexiCloud version 11.70.11.26; if I try to to upgrade Flexicloud with UpdateRelease.exe v 12.30.5.9, the licensing revert to the canonical "Trial license 15 days - Sytem Edition - 5 users" version.

Carlo

bzdega

Re: Upgrading FlexiCloud from 11.70.x to 12.x revert license to trial mode

Post by bzdega » Thu May 09, 2019 1:43 pm

What is FlexiCloud?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello Marsura,

Have you tried disabling and enabling your license again from your license portal access ? Your server needs to be available on port 80 for this purpose.

Bzdega, Flexicloud is an offer we made for hosting companies who wish to be able to rent their licenses. By enabling / disabling remotely a license, the administrator can reassign a license to a new host. This offer is not available on our website because it covers some specific needs and is reserved for large structures. We will announce later this year the possibility of renting licenses, but it is still a work in progress for the time being.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

cmarsura

Post by cmarsura » Thu May 09, 2019 4:12 pm

From the license portal I changed the number of license seats required followed by a click on the 'Activate' button; returned on my server, opened the AdminTool, navigated to the License tab and clicked "Refresh your License".

After these operations the server returned in the licensed state.

These steps may be feasible if you upgrade only a server but it is not practical and error prone if you have to upgrade several servers.

bzdega

Post by bzdega » Thu May 09, 2019 5:28 pm

admin wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm
Hello Marsura,

Have you tried disabling and enabling your license again from your license portal access ? Your server needs to be available on port 80 for this purpose.

Bzdega, Flexicloud is an offer we made for hosting companies who wish to be able to rent their licenses. By enabling / disabling remotely a license, the administrator can reassign a license to a new host. This offer is not available on our website because it covers some specific needs and is reserved for large structures. We will announce later this year the possibility of renting licenses, but it is still a work in progress for the time being.
ok, thanks for your explanation.