redirect mailto command to local client

Get help with troubleshooting issues
kmuc

redirect mailto command to local client

Post by kmuc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am

Hello,

we are looking for a possibilty to redirect mailto requests from the tsplus server to the local client.
Do you have any experience with that?

admin
Site Admin

Re: redirect mailto command to local client

Post by admin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello,

Mail request redirection to client are not supported by TSplus, sorry for the bad news.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Marlon1337

Post by Marlon1337 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm

if you are developing the app which makes the mailto call yourself then there is a solution. However this solution will open a tab which won't close automatically on your local PC, but this is just a very small inconvienience.
You just pass the mailto URL to c:\wsession\urlooclient.exe as a parameter. You can test it via cmd for example. just paste this in your cmd:

Code: Select all

c:\wsession\urlonclient.exe mailto:test@test.com
With this method you can pass any URI like sip, callto, mailto etc. to your local PC.
I would be glad if TSPlus would improve their urltoclient solution because technically it is not a big problem to pass any URI to your local PC. It can be done with a few lines of code, so any URI call can be passed to a local desktop.

bzdega

Post by bzdega » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi Marlon,

this is a great hint. Works perfect (besides the new local Browser Tab).

On local side i installed a softphone (e.g. phoner lite) which takes the redirected URL call: sip:phone_number_to_dial and opens the softphone which start a call.

I agree, this should be implemented info TSplus, so users could make outbound-Calls directly from the Cloud-Desktop (TSplus) using their local microphone and headset.

Michael