TS Plus - Windows Server 2012 - Dual Screen Flickering issue

Get help with troubleshooting issues
dan.camish

TS Plus - Windows Server 2012 - Dual Screen Flickering issue

Post by dan.camish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am

When using dual screen on a TS Plus it will randomly start flickering the program making the PC unusable

admin
Site Admin

Re: TS Plus - Windows Server 2012 - Dual Screen Flickering issue

Post by admin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:48 am

Hello,

This issue can occur if your graphics card is too old and its drivers are not up to date.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

dan.camish

Post by dan.camish » Fri May 24, 2019 11:30 am

Hello,

I have done the following:

I have updates to the latest version of TS Plus that uses the .connect files
Upgraded to the Latest Windows 2012 Version
Checked for updated drivers on the graphics card - Aspeed AST 1000/2000

But if anything the flickering issue has gotten worse.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 28, 2019 9:15 am

Hello,

What you could do is reduce the maximum of graphic effects and colors.

1- Open a client generator, choose "Disable background and animation for better performances".
2- In the display tab, choose 15 bits colors.

If you are connecting using the HTML5 web client, open an admin tool \ web portal \ HTML5 client and check the "Use recommended value" box. Refresh your client browser.

Right click on "My computer" and click on properties. click on advanced system properties, performances, visual effects, and select "Adjust for best performances". This setting can be set on client and server side and will enhance graphic performance.

You can also force the use of the classic theme using group policy : To do so, type gpedit.msc in start search and hit Enter to open the Group PolicyEditor. Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization. Now in the right pane, double click on Force a specific visual style or force Windows Classic. Enable the group policy and leave the field blank to enforce windows classic theme. Reboot and open a command prompt and run the gpupdate /force command.
Olivier

dan.camish

Post by dan.camish » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello,

I have tried the above and the issue is still happening without any improvements.

Thanks,
Dan

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 am

Hello,

Some applications are just not meant to be launched with RemoteApp. Choose another connection method in such cases.
Olivier

dan.camish

Post by dan.camish » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi,

The application we run is used by hundreds of users across multiple locations without having a flickering issue.

I came across a post regarding a similar issue and there appeared to be some sort of patch for this:
----------------------
Hello,

There it is :

On W8 and Windows 2012, Microsoft is installing a default standard graphic driver that is not enough compatible with some applications and the new Metro interface. As result some application are flickering.
In order to avoid this annoyance, we have develop a patch that you can download using the following link:
dl-files.com/BlinkingPatch.exe
Just run it as administrator and reboot.
After the reboot, the users shall not have any more blinking/flickering annoyances.
-------------------

But that download link no longer works, is this something that could be related?

Thank,
Dan

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Hello,

This blinking patch is outdated as it is now implemented by default. I already provided you with all of the information needed to correct this issue. If you want us to investigate further, please open a support ticket and provide us with an admin account to your server and a way to reproduce your issue so that we can have a look.
Olivier