svcr.exe stops running on client

Get help with troubleshooting issues
spmnemrc

svcr.exe stops running on client

Post by spmnemrc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Is there anything that can be done to keep svcr.exe from shutting down unexpectedly (or keep it running)? Not a day goes by when I don't have to ask someone to restart the remote connection to print something.

matrix786

Re: svcr.exe stops running on client

Post by matrix786 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 am

most probably your update did not complete, I had the same issue due to the update which needed a reboot and the end user did not reboot.

do the latest update and reboot.

spmnemrc

Post by spmnemrc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:44 pm

What update did not complete? I can report the dates on the svcr.exe file if need be. svcr.exe runs on the client and is the responsible party for opening the default PDF viewer after PDF download.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello,

First of all make sure your antivirus is not preventing the execution of any TSplus processes by creating a scan exclusion rule on C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files and C:\wsession

Check also the printer driver you are using, GhostScript PDF driver is the newest and more stable driver. It is available in the admin tool / server tile / printer management.

You should also plan an automated reboot of your server at night to unfragment memory.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

ics-informatique

Post by ics-informatique » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:24 pm

I have exactly the same problem :

our application is running via tsplus on our serveurs.
one of our clients is bored (he is a store, with clients he have to give invoices immediately), because the print works well, and suddenly is crash and he have to restart his computer to work again.

It is not an AV problem, because the printer work well in the first prints.
The serveur is restarted every night, so it is not a server problem (and other clients using the same server don't have that problem)
The printer driver on the server seems to be good, as there is noway to update it.

It seems to be a local problem.
Any idea to search the origin of this problem ?
(pas de possibilité de mettre à jour le driver, apparemment)
(pas de possibilité de mettre à jour le driver, apparemment)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am

Hello,

- Check the presence of two universal printer driver. Open a control panel / Devices and Printers click on the universal printer and click on "Print server properties" and click on the drivers tab. There should be either the CustPDF driver (old driver from version 9 and below) or the GhostPDF (newest driver) driver. If both are present, delete one of them.

If this is not enough, you can now reinstall the Universal Printer completely in the admin tool / server tile / Printer Management.

If you are using an older version of TSplus, go to add / remove program in the control panel and look for universal printer, click uninstall and reboot. You can also force the uninstall by clicking on the removeuniversalprinter.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files

You will be able to reinstall the Universal printer after rebooting by clicking on installuniversalprinter.exe
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

ics-informatique

Post by ics-informatique » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Thank you, I had reinstalled Universal Printer, and I will tell you.