Universal printer issue with Load Balancing

Get help with troubleshooting issues
Kiemal

Universal printer issue with Load Balancing

Post by Kiemal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am

I have two TSP servers with LB configured.

When the user logs on the first (gateway) server, he can print without problems.
When Load Balancer redirect the user to the second server there is a problem with printing (no default printer currently selected). Look attachment.

Universal printer (Ghostscript) installed and set as default on both servers.
Attachments
print1.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Universal printer issue with Load Balancing

Post by admin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:03 am

Hello,

On the second server, please check the following :

- Make sure the disk are correctly redirected in the remote session. This can be checked in the local ressources tab of the client generator. You can also edit your connection client's settings with this procedure to check the presence of the "-disk on"parameter : https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/doc ... ted-client

- Make sure your antivirus is not preventing the transfer of the print job.
On server side, you may need to set an exclusion rule in your antivirus on the following path : C:\Program Files (86)\TSPlus and C:\wsession

On client side the exclusion is to be set the following path : C:\Users\Nameoftheuser\RDP6

- Check the presence of two universal printer driver. Open a control panel / Devices and Printers click on the universal printer and click on "Print server properties" and click on the drivers tab. There should be either the CustPDF driver (old driver from version 9 and below) or the GhostPDF (newest driver) driver. If both are present, delete one of them.

If this is not enough, you can now reinstall the Universal Printer completely in the admin tool / server tile / Printer Management.

If you are using an older version of TSplus, go to add / remove program in the control panel and look for universal printer, click uninstall and reboot. You can also force the uninstall by clicking on the removeuniversalprinter.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files

You will be able to reinstall the Universal printer after rebooting by clicking on installuniversalprinter.exe
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Kiemal

Post by Kiemal » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Thank You.

None of this helped. We only had to recompile our applications with the latest version Delphi.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello,

Can you confirm that this issue does not occur with another application ?
If you can, open a support ticket here and provide us with an admin access so that we can investigate : https://support.tsplus.net/
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Kiemal

Re: Universal printer issue with Load Balancing [SOVED]

Post by Kiemal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Yes.
I confirm that only our dedicated applications in Delphi can't print.
All other App print without issue.
I can give your admin access to our servers, but old application not availible for me, now is rewrit, recompile and now print without issue.

This is my my sugestion to our developers:

"Actually it is a Delphi(5) problem. The comparison of the available printers and the default printer is case sensitive (Printers.pas):
if TPrinterDevice(Objects).Device = Device then
begin
with TPrinterDevice(Objects) do
SetPrinter(PChar(Device), PChar(Driver), PChar(Port), 0);
Exit;
end;
Changing the comparison to: if lowercase(TPrinterDevice(Objects).Device) = lowercase(Device) solves the problem."