Cannot get rid of taskbar

Get help with troubleshooting issues
AndyL

Cannot get rid of taskbar

Post by AndyL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm

I have installed the latest version of TSPlus on a Windows 10 PC. I have a user, that I do not want a taskbar for. The user will be presented with a full screen LabView application and should not be able to do anything at all except interact with the LabView app.

It is started from an AutoIT script which does some checking and waiting until the system is in a state that the application can be started. Some applications in addition are running that would normally have an icon in the system tray, but previously this never caused the taskbar to appear.
In a previous version (9) with Windows 7, this worked perfectly.

The script is assigned to a user (not an admin user). The user has no other things (such as the TSPlus taskbar, remote desktop) assigned. When the user logs in, the script runs, but there is a taskbar visible at the bottom of the screen. As I said previously, this was not the case with an older version.

Looking at the processes running for this user, I see two instances of Application Runtime, one instance of ltaskbar.exe and one instance of usertaskbar.exe. Application Runtime seems to be svcr.exe, running from a folder c:\wsession. I have no idea where this folder came from - I can only presume TSPlus created it.

If I then configure the user just to have notepad as the application, that is all that is visible on the screen - no taskbar of any kind. However the same processes as I listed above are running.

So how can I get back to the previous situation when I had no taskbar at all? The current situation is no good for us.