Remote Desktop not appearing

Get help with troubleshooting issues
cmarsura

Remote Desktop not appearing

Post by cmarsura » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi,
I have a server farm setup using several servers behind a firewall and exposed through the TsPlus reverse-proxy feature; I am able to configure and start single applications using HLTML5 and Remote App both. If instead I publish the Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am able to see the full desktop only through HTML5; if I choose Remote App on the web page the system starts the folder.exe application (see the included screenshot).
I was able to launch correctly the full Microsoft Remote Desktop only generating the client application (AdminTool.exe > Client generator) and selecting General > Preferred display mode, Remote Desktop client. If I generate a client with the RemoteAPP client selection I get the folder.exe launched.

I would like to be able to launch a full Microsoft Remote Desktop through the reverse-proxy web page without going to the production and distribution of a client exe.
Attachments
RemoteDesktopByRemoteApp.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Desktop not appearing

Post by admin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 am

Hello,

This can be done by selecting the RDP client in the web tile of the admin tool / RemoteApp client. Select "Standard RDP" instead of RemoteApp.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

cmarsura

Re: Remote Desktop not appearing

Post by cmarsura » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:28 am

Not working - in a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Flexicloud 12.40.8.28 I am unable to launch a full Microsoft Remote Desktop.
The session continue to launch the "Desktop Folder" application.
In the Admin tool / Web/ RemoteApp client I have already set "Standard RDP" .

Carlo