Universal Printer problem After Update to 10.10

Get help with troubleshooting issues
hrj1981

Universal Printer problem After Update to 10.10

Post by hrj1981 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:32 am

hi
After update tsplus to 10.10 version output print document from universal printer crash
Attachments
Untitled.png
(1016 Bytes) Downloaded 4719 times

vsasa

Re: Universal Printer problem After Update to 10.10

Post by vsasa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:52 am

Same problem after the update to 10.10 How to roll back the update?

jkuijt

Post by jkuijt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:12 am

vsasa wrote:How to roll back the update?
See this thread:
http://tsplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3999#p7166

Best regards
Jeffrey

hrj1981

Post by hrj1981 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 am

hi
Fix problem After rollback Update to 9.9 Version

konzept6

Post by konzept6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 am

I have big problems with printing via universal printer since the update to version10.x.

The "please wait" bar occurs several times, the cpu load goes up while printing.

Is this a know issue and when will it be fixed?

The problem still occurs in the 10.10.4.3 release.

This is a huge problem for my customers.

Where can i download older releases like 9.90?

hrj1981

Post by hrj1981 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

konzept6 wrote:I have big problems with printing via universal printer since the update to version10.x.

The "please wait" bar occurs several times, the cpu load goes up while printing.

Is this a know issue and when will it be fixed?

The problem still occurs in the 10.10.4.3 release.

This is a huge problem for my customers.

Where can i download older releases like 9.90?
hi
step 1) from win>control panel>Programs and Features > Uninstall universal printer
Step 2) download tsplus v9.9 update pakage and universal printer v9.9 from http://tsplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3999
step 3) first install tsplus v9.9 update pakage and install universal printer v9.9 (If show msgbox "install last version ..." select "Ok" button)
important) Not unistall tsplus apllication (ROLLBACK UPDATE FROM V10.10 TO V9.9)
important) download tsplus v9.9 update pakage

konzept6

Post by konzept6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:16 am

But i do not see the download for tsplus 9.90 update package there?

And in my control panel (Windows Server 2012 R2) there is no universal printer, only TSPlus.

konzept6

Post by konzept6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Ok, i managed to work around these printer issues with these steps.

After these steps, i created a new client.exe which shows some strange behavior:

- in the printer section i choosed "Preview with the local PDF Reader"

Using this new client.exe on one PC (Print something -> Universal Printer) opens the printer dialog on my local machine
Using the same client.exe on an other PC (Print something -> Universan Printer) opens the Dokument inside the local PDF Reader

Isn't this strange?

Btw: which printer setting do i have to choose in the client generator?

- Local devices -> Printer checked or unchecked? does this matter?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello,

You may need to change your newly generated connection client name to solve this issue or use this procedure to delete cache : http://www.terminalserviceplus.com/docs ... ted-client

You will find below some general guidelines on how to print remotely with TSplus.

1- Universal Printer :

In order to print using the Universal Printer you need to use a generated connection client or the use of our web client.
The Universal Printer can be configured for three type of print job :

- PDF preview on the local PDF reader : by printing remotely on the Universal Printer, the print job is converted to pdf and sent to the client, it will then be displayed in the local PDF reader of the client.
- Select printer : by printing remotely on the Universal Printer, the print job is converted to pdf and sent to the client, a second print pop up will then appear with the choice of local printers.
- Print on the default printer : This option is the best for those who do not wish to have a choice of where to print, by printing remotely on the Universal Printer, the print job is converted to pdf and sent to the client on the default printer.

You will find here will find more detailed information about this here : http://www.terminalserviceplus.com/docs/

2- Print redirection :
Using standard redirection can be tricky, because many prerequisite must be met in order for it to work.

You need to install the exact same version of device drivers on client side and server side.
This means if your server is installed with 2012 x64 but your client computers are installed with Windows XP x32, you will need to add manually these drivers on your server by editing the print server properties and add x32 drivers for XP.

For best results, it is also recommended not to use USB printers but prefer COM or LPT printers.
If you are using USB printers, make sure you updated the RDP protocol of your client computer to 7 or above to ensure maximum compatibility with redirected printers.

Even with all this in mind exotic printers may not be suitable to be redirected in a TSplus session, therefore you may need to look into specific procedure to install these printers in RDS / terminal server environment, which is very close to TSplus in this case.

If none of the above fits your need, you can also check our add on "USB for RDP" available here : http://www.terminalserviceplus.com/usb-for-rdp.php
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

konzept6

Post by konzept6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 am

Hi,

i followed the steps to clean the local cache but there was no popup saying "all local parameters has been removed from this workstation". I placed a shortcut to my generated client on my desktop, added /clean in the target and made a double-click on this shortcut. Nothing happens.

Update:

i've deleted some registry entries with the name of the generated client to clean the cache. Maybe this is how the parameter /clean does it as well.