Watching video

Get help with troubleshooting issues
Brian

Watching video

Post by Brian » Mon May 23, 2016 4:29 pm

I have the need for my users to watch a .mp4 video that sits on the server. The file sizes are very large so downloading to their PC to open it up is not a good option for me. The video is just showing screens of the software with voice overlapped, no crazy graphics or animations, etc... The screens come up and are barely readable. Is this an HTML5 limitation or ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Watching video

Post by admin » Mon May 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello,

TSplus is not optimized for video streaming and will not provide good performance. The simplest way to achieve this would be to upload it directly on youtube. If you can resize it with a smaller size you can also copy it to the www folder of TSplus so that your users can stream directly from the TSplus server. This is available with a Mobile or Corporate edition of TSplus.

Example : Copy your file in C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\www\mymovie.mp4

This movie will be available by entering your server's address in the address field of any browser : http://yourserverIP/mymovie.mp4
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Is it possible to put the video file anywhere else and get it to work? I would like to store the videos on AWS in the cloud, so I will have a local mapped drive to them. For example my video, might be M:\Videos\video23.mp4... Could I somehow get this to show in my app? I am using html5.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:26 am

Hello,

If you do not want to publish your video within the web portal, you can always use the file transfer utility for this purpose. However you will not be able to display the video within your app this way.

More information about this can be found here : https://docs.dl-files.com/tsplus/html5- ... e-transfer
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator