Pre-purchase issues.

Get help with troubleshooting issues
Jason

Pre-purchase issues.

Post by Jason » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:27 am

Afternoon all,

I have run up a test install of TSPlus and just trying to cover off a couple of errors, primarily on Mac.
Using FireFox 32.0.3 on Mac, the Enter, SPace, or Backspace keys do not seem to work.
Works fine using Chrome.
Works fine in FFox if using the Java Client.

Using Safari, the new window that pops up once you login gives this (the errors flash through pretty rapidly)

jkuijt

Re: Pre-purchase issues.

Post by jkuijt » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Jason,

We are running with the latest TSplus version (at this moment):

On my MacBook Air, running on OSX 10.9.5, I have just tested the HTML5 (browser) Client on:
1. Firefox 32.0.3 => no problem!
2. Safari 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1) => no problem!

So here no problem at all with Enter, Space and Backspace keys.

Best regards
Jeffrey

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Hello,

We do not reproduce such weird issue so my first recommendation here would be to clear your browser cache (ctrl + F5)
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:31 am

Alrighty...

Found I was running 7.70.10.12 Ran updaterelease.exe and upgraded to .13

The Safari issue seems to have been caused by the self-signed SSL cert. Once I specifically went in and told Safari to trust the cert - all good.

Removed/cleared cache in both browsers.
HTML5 issue with FFox still there.
Tested HTML5/FFox on Windows - fine.
Safari now fine.

I'll go find another FFox/Mac install somewhere....

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:08 am

Below the answer from dev team :

1. On FireFox 32 we were unable to reproduce the issues with not fired keys,
so Enter, Space and Backspace keys are fired and working same as before, even when using his site lab.estem*****

2. On Safari in constellation with https + self signed certificate Safari has a big BUG, the client tries to create ssl websocket connection, fails and switch to xhr-polling connection, and here comes Safari bug, it seems to break the established ssl connection, so that if you close the tab and click again on opening new session, the new session gets created now without that bug with downgraded xhr-polling connection.
There are also two ways to use HTTPS and avoid Safari's bug,

1. Use signed certificate on own domain.

2. or exit Safari, reopen it again, navigate to Tsplus SSL site, and if browser again reports security abuse, show certificate trust settings and set parameters
of SSL and X.509 fields to trust always by this certificate.
From now on the Websockets connection will be created fine even on Safari without this strange Safari broken SSL connection bug.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Just my 2 cents to topic starter, I was looking for version claimed to not work with enter+space+backspace etc..
According to the official release site
wiki.mozilla.org/Releases
On Oct 14 they released version Firefox 33.0, same date of started topic, but there is no version 33.0.1 existing, at least I did not find, I checked my Windows + Mac FireFox updates, and they all show 33.0 version.
Jason, may be you should stop to use FF beta versions since they will always contain bugs and of course nobody will run against wall and try to fix self made errors of FF developers..
I checked on my Mac Air with this last Safari 33.0 and these buttons proven work there.
PS: for weird bug on Safari, I found some workarounds with their SSL Websocket bug, however it is fallback, but at least it will not anymore send binary data after fallback protocol switching (that was the cause of this weird bug)
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 am

Where did you get 33.0.1 from?
I was running 32.0.3 and just updated to 33 this morning.

Looks its; probably something specific with my Mac/Firefox. Havent had a chance to go find a fresh install yet.

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:09 am

Jason wrote:Looks its; probably something specific with my Mac/Firefox. Havent had a chance to go find a fresh install yet.
Created fresh FFox profile - problem sorted.

Thanks guys.

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:58 am

Where did you get 33.0.1 from?
May be I should wear glasses :D

Fine, Mac developers needed 3 weeks to fix issue happening on your Mac, however it worked fine by me with previous version too, at least the one I had before 33.0..
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer