Remove universal printer

Get help with troubleshooting issues
nvaughan

Remove universal printer

Post by nvaughan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 pm

We use a different option for printing and I would like to remove the ability to use the universal printer. We generate a connection client using TSPlus. Is there a way to remove that option for the end-user?

Thank you,
Nick

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remove universal printer

Post by admin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 am

Hello,

You can simply uninstall the Universal Printer in the control panel or delete the printer to achieve this goal.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

arlesterc

Post by arlesterc » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

I am interested in this as well as it seems that universalprintdriver.exe is crashing and causing other programs to crash. If I remove how would I reinstall?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:40 pm

If the Universal Printer is shown within the control panel/printer list as “Unavailable” or if you wish to delete it and then reinstall it you can do so using this link : dl-files.com/Setup-UniversalPrinter.exe AND REBOOT.

Note that the Universal printer is not compatible with the use of CutePDF.
Olivier

arlesterc

Post by arlesterc » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks for this. We did delete the printer per the instructions earlier but on reboot it seems to still be there. Is there something special we have to do?

mamaral

Post by mamaral » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I am also trying to do this, because universal printer takes up a lot of memory when multiplied by 44 users. I uninstalled universal printer from programs in features, but the process still loads when connecting using a client generator

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 am

Hello,

Which version of TSplus are you using, most probably updating to the latest release should solve this issue. Uninstalling the Universal Printer will not stop the universalprinter.exe process from being launched at logon but should not consume much memory.
Olivier