Scanning

Get help with troubleshooting issues
medipro

Scanning

Post by medipro » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Does anyone have a good scanning solution that works with TSPlus?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Scanning

Post by admin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello,

Using a network scanner is quite easy as you will simply need to install it on your TSplus server and it will allow you to scan.

Redirecting an USB scanner can be trickier.
You will need to install the same version of the device driver on the server and on the client, device drivers that are optimized for a remote desktop use are recommended. make sure you use a RDP 6 client or above to remotely access your session as RDP 6 has much better USB support.

Additionally if all above has failed to work you can try optional software that adds USB support for exotic devices such as FabulaTech does : fabulatech.com/
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

plastic

Post by plastic » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:37 am

Hi Olivier,

I have a network scanner at my branch office, and can use it just fine on the branch office local network. I am wondering from your reply above, if I install drivers for the network scanner on my main office TSPlus server machine, will printer/device redirection somehow work so that I can scan directly from my branch office into my remoteApp session on the TSplus server?

Thanks, Mark.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 am

Hello,

Remote scanning should work in your case. To do so, make sure your scanner is correctly installed and set up on your TSplus server. When connecting remotely from anywhere, you should then be able to print directly to your office.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator