Issue with Portable Client Generator - 6.20

Get help with troubleshooting issues
Brian

Issue with Portable Client Generator - 6.20

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:20 pm

I have an issue with the new Portable Client Generator - 6.20 and dual monitors. In the previous versions, I could create an icon using "Remote Desktop" for the "Prefered Display Mode". When I launched the created Icon, I would get my app in a remote desktop window, opened full screen on 1 monitor.

On the new version 6.20 - the option is "classical Remote Desktop" and when I use that, it my app opens in a remote desktop window full screen, but across both monitors. I have tried checking and un-checking 'Dual-screen' checkbox under 'Display' but it has not produced the correct results.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

BRR IS

Re: Issue with Portable Client Generator - 6.20

Post by BRR IS » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Yes, We are having the exact same issue. It only seems to happen if the monitors are the same resolution. I have a laptop with a monitor as a second screen The two screens are different resolutions and the single screen stays on one screen . I tested this on a PC with two monitors set to the same resolution and the connection stretched across both screens. I then set one to a different resolution and the connection stayed on one screen.

johndavies

Re: Issue with Portable Client Generator - 6.20

Post by johndavies » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello,

We did develop a fix for dual screen yesterday.
You can download the new Client Generator using http://dl-files.com/ClientGenerator.exe

I did test it myself on my dual-screen test device and it works fine.

The new ClientGenerator is now included in the Setup program and in the Update Release program.

This fix has also be back ported into the Windows Web Client

Kind regard

John