No applications showing up on portable client

Get help with troubleshooting issues
klideb

No applications showing up on portable client

Post by klideb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm

I have created portable client but when it opens up on remote computer no applications are visible. I have been able to add several applications and tested them and all are working fine. I have tried adding by user as well. The portable client is working and able to login to the machine acting as server. Did I miss a simple step? thanks for any help.

Klideb

klideb

Re: No applications showing up on portable client

Post by klideb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Someone? Anyone? Do I need more details? I really like the promise of doing away with terminal server, but kinda want to see if it works first. Anybody have ideas?

Brian

Post by Brian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Not sure why - but this just started happening to me as well. I have TSPlus running on 3 servers - my 3rd has the latest 6.20 software. Today I created a few new users, 1 new group and 1 new published app. The new user can login w/out issue but the app never loads...Checking the running processes, I see RTaskbar.exe, taskhost.exe, rdpclip.exe and universalprinter.exe, ltaskbar.exe - but not my application. Need HELP ASAP!!! :( - this looks to be a new issue with the 6.20 build

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello,

It is a known bug and we are working on it. It should be solved next week (and then you will be able to fix it by running our new UpdateRelease.exe program).

In the mean time, a workaround is to go back to "TEST" mode instead of "FAST" mode.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Brian

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. The button on my server said "Test Mode". I clicked that button, it now reads "Fast Logon mode". So I'm not sure if I'm currently in 'Fast Logon mode' or if I will be once I click the button. Either way here are the results:

When the button says "Fast Logon mode" - I launch my created .exe and I was getting just a start bar on the side. I then created a shortcut to my .exe with the /clean switch - no difference, i still see just a start bar.

I clicked the "Fast Logon mode" button so now it says "TEST mode" (as it did originally) - Then I'm back to not even a start bar.

Finally I have decided to make sure the button states: "Fast Logon mode" (which means I'm in 'TEST mode') and I re-create a new user, a new group and publish a new application.
Create new .exe and launch. The first time I launch the app, I get nothing on the client (but I see the server has created the profile). So i force log them off and launch the app a 2nd time. This time I still only see the start bar on the side and no application. I can't seem to get it to work in either mode. -- I can't seem to make the work around even work.

Brian

Post by Brian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

My issue has been resolved - with the help of the TS Plus Support Team - and it was a simple fix. My user simply didn't have the appropriate permissions to open my application. Since I have 3 other TS Plus servers that work just fine on the older versions, I forgot about the added security I have with my 4th server and simply over looked the permissions; and assumed the latest TS Plus version was causing the issue.