No remote access after Win7SP1 install

Get help with troubleshooting issues
LightningBob

No remote access after Win7SP1 install

Post by LightningBob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey guys I really hate to be a pain, but I tried once again to install Win7 SP1 and TSPlus broke again on this particular TSplus System.
I reinstalled TSPlus and then applied the Compatibility Patch, but I got the same results as the last time. Thank goodness for restore points, after backing out SP1 all is good again. Doesn’t make sense as I have upgraded 4 other machines recently, (2 with identical HW) without incident. Please let me know what else I may try or what other data you require from me to troubleshoot this issue.

A connection is established for a few seconds then the terminal screen goes blank and displays this error :
Your remote Desktop session has ended.
The connection to the remote computer was lost possibly due to network connectivity problems. Try connecting to the remote computer again. If the problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical support.

From the computer console I have network and internet functionality so there are no issues with network connectivity. Ideas???

admin
Site Admin

Re: No remote access after Win7SP1 install

Post by admin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello,

Many reason can cause such trouble.
As you probably know even if 2 systems looks similar some dll, registry entries, software installed can be different and there is no way to easily tell why this or that happen.
Please check this FAQ first : http: //tsplus.net/support/kb/faq.php?id=2

After checking all options mentionned in the FAQ above if your TSPlus server still does not work, I suggest you to keep it restored to a state previous to SP1.

Regards,
Paul
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator