Portal HTML WebLink

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
indyrhett

Portal HTML WebLink

Post by indyrhett » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi,

I would be cool in the portal if you could setup Icons that are simply pure HTML weblinks - in addition to the current ones. I know about the UrlOnClient.exe link and that's cool - however that still requires a session to be created, then a 3rd tab launched and the previous browser tab orphaned. It would be a lot less complex and faster (and not require a orphaned tab) to just have an actual weblink when the icon was clicked.

Thanks,

Rhett Price
IndySoft

indyrhett

Re: Portal HTML WebLink

Post by indyrhett » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Here's a workaround we found that allows us to add our own direct hyperlinks to the portal. But it still requires a tweak to your stock html (that gets overwritten on update).

In the body onload event for index_applications you have added a call to: function displayAssignedApps(isClassicTheme) {

Which returns JSON for application display.

We have added a JS promise routine to custom.js which calls another JSON server to populate the view with additional web links. In order to ensure our script fires after yours, we had to remove the onload and locate the call to that function in custom.js. Otherwise our JSON comes back faster and in the race condition, TSPlus overwrites the links with your apps.

In order to *not* have to change your index_applications we are trying to remove the onload listener via Javascript/JQuery

For example using $('body').off('load');

So far I have been unable to find a way to intercept that onload and negate it in favor of our custom.js call

Can you offer any other ways we might keep your .html "stock" and unload the listener in favor of our custom.js call to the same function?

Thanks!

Rhett Price
IndySoft