Importing Settings and Activating License with Command Line Parameters

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
strajk

Importing Settings and Activating License with Command Line Parameters

Post by strajk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 am

Hello,

It would be really nice if it would be possible to import TSPlus Configurations through command line (C:\Backupparam), just like it's possible by doing it in the AdminTool mask.

Activating a license through command line would be incredibly well received as well.

Our company will be deploying your product as an Optional Third Party Feature, since we have thousand of clients, it's a lot easier at our side to have our own installer where we automate the Installation of Java and TSPlus, where we also after installing those two packets, import our Portal settings to automatically use our Software through the HTML5 Portal and activate the license we'll be acquiring from you and deliver to the client.

I opened a topic asking what kind of parameters are actually possible to use:
https://tsplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4188

And since there was no response so far, I suppose that importing settings and activating a license both through the command line are not supported, or not public.

indyrhett

Re: Importing Settings and Activating License with Command Line Parameters

Post by indyrhett » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:38 am

I agree - we have the same exact needs! Were you able to figure anything out?

Thanks,

Rhett Price
IndySoft

strajk

Re: Importing Settings and Activating License with Command Line Parameters

Post by strajk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:11 am

indyrhett wrote:I agree - we have the same exact needs! Were you able to figure anything out?

Thanks,

Rhett Price
IndySoft
Unfortunately not, no response so far either, the first requirement (import) wouldn't be that important if the exported folder (Backupparam) respected the original structure of the Installation, if it did all I had to do was overwrite folder A with folder B, which would cause duplicates to be replaced.
But quite honestly I would rather avoid being the one responsible of sending the files to the destination, because we will never know if in the future TSplus will using File XYZ in different places.

On the license side, I tried seeing with ProcMon if there was any call or parameter to actually get the license window, seems like it's a static window ingrained into the Admin Tool instead of a standalone application with parameters.