Load Balancing - Set Server per Users/Groups

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
davide.villa

Load Balancing - Set Server per Users/Groups

Post by davide.villa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 am

Hello everyone,
now we can use load balancing to automatically assign server on user connection.
to assign a specific server to the user or group we have to disable the load balancing function and the user is then able to select the server to use in the logon screen.
We are facing that problem:
we have 5 servers with load balancing active, but we have an application installed only on two servers.
Is there a way to set the list of the servers per user or group and let the system use the load balancing function to assign a server defined in the list?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Load Balancing - Set Server per Users/Groups

Post by admin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello,

You would need to create a connection client that connects directly to these specific servers for this purpose as you cannot mix the load balancing feature and the gateway feature at the same time.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

davide.villa

Post by davide.villa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello Olivier,
I have created a connection client to connect directly to the specific server, but this way I can setup only one server per connection client.
I have to deploy different clients to connect to different servers and after that there is no more centralized control of the configuration: if I'll have to change the server I have to change the configuration on every deployed client.
In addition my need is the ability to specify two or more servers per user/group.
For those reasons it would be nice if the load-blancing feature assign the server based on a list defined for the group/user.
Of course, if the group/user has no list defined the server is assigned from the list of all the configured server as it does now.

davide.villa

Post by davide.villa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi Oliver,
any news on this feature?
I really miss the possibility to have a load balancing feature that allow to restrict "per user" or "per group" the list of the servers to use in my farm.
now I have seven servers on my farm and I have to deploy every single application on each server because the load balancing select the server to use only based on the usage load.
with this feature, for example, I could install a single application only on two of the server of my farm and assign that application to a specific group, and restrict that group to load balancing only on that two servers.
the moment I need more resources for that application I'll install the application on one more server and add that new server on the list for the specific group.

thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Hello,

I understand your concern, but this is absolutely not on our road map because the gateway feature and the load balancing are two very different features that cannot be activated together, and a generated client can connect only to a farm of servers or to a unique server. Having a choice of servers is available only if you connect using the HTML5 webclient.

The best course of action here remains the same as before : to have a unique connection client per server for those who specific access to servers of your load balanced farm.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator