IDEA: SaveOnClient.exe

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
IvanGB

Re: IDEA: SaveOnClient.exe

Post by IvanGB » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 am

An UploadFromClient.EXE would also be terrific. So I could use it from inside our applications to open a dialog on client's machine to choose the file and upload it to server, where I could take care of it. This way they wouldn't need to upload the files to their customer folder and then go to the application to choose it from there.

vivburrows

Post by vivburrows » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Yes please, it would make a very pleasing start to 2019

IvanGB

Post by IvanGB » Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 am

admin wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Hello,

I will rebump this excellent idea to our development team right away ;)
BUMP!

IvanGB

Post by IvanGB » Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 am

IvanGB wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 am
An UploadFromClient.EXE would also be terrific. So I could use it from inside our applications to open a dialog on client's machine to choose the file and upload it to server, where I could take care of it. This way they wouldn't need to upload the files to their customer folder and then go to the application to choose it from there.
BUMP!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Hello,

Sorry guys, I know this feature request has been going on for some time now, it will be discussed next Monday by our development team. Would adding a contextual menu "Save to client" when selecting a folder / file be a good solution ?
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

IvanGB

Post by IvanGB » Thu May 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi Olivier.

Thanks for the reply.

We use HTML5 access exclusevely.

In our case, I would like to have SaveOnClient.exe to use it as I use the OpenOnClient.exe, programmatically. So, in our .NET applications, if they are running under a TSplus environment and the user tries to open and/or download a file, we use the \wsession\OpenOnClient.exe to send it to the user browser on a new Process and send it to the user browser. If we had SaveOnClient.exe, we would be able to use it when the user is just trying to use the application to export some sort of file to disk, then we would create the file to be exported and use SaveOnClient.exe to show then a Save To dialog for them to choose a local folder for it.

On the other feature, having an UploadFromClient.exe would do the other way around. When our users need to upload a file to the application, using TSplus, they need to upload it to the TSplus Common Folder first, then from our application choose to upload a file and we will give them access to choose a file from the TSplus Common Folder. Having UploadFromClient.exe would allow us to directly open a File Dialog for their local folders, where they would be able to choose their file and the HTML5 page would internally upload the file to the TSplus Common Folder and would be able to grab it from it automatically.

This is what we were looking for from these new feature requests.

Cheers.

Ivan