Session Opening Preference > Logon Preferences

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
hansen

Session Opening Preference > Logon Preferences

Post by hansen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi,

I was doing a complete reinstall of TSplus (9.50.9.22) on a 2012R2 server the other day, which hosts 40+ users, and noticed some speed-up settings.

AdminTool > Server > Session Opening Preference > uncheck [ ] Display Last Connected Users:
This made a huge impact on logon times, where Windows says "Loading Session Manager". It went from about 10 seconds to 0 seconds. You'll only see the slow logon if you have many users connected - the more users, the slower the logon is.
As far as I can see, I would maybe recommend that as the default TSplus installation option. The only downside is you need to enter username at logon if connecting through console/etc.

AdminTool > Server > Session Opening Preference > check [X] All Users Have A Full Desktop:
This shaved another 5 seconds of the logon time (again, the more users, the slower the logon is). The huge downside (as far as I can tell) is that Seamless (transparent) desktop doesn't work, but since 2012 and W10 almost doesn't work with Seamless, then it might be an option.

I haven't tested these settings with RemoteApp - only tested with Seamless.

Do you think it's bad tweaks or ?

John

Re: Session Opening Preference > Logon Preferences

Post by John » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feed back.

We will chnage the default seting for the Session opening preference, as you recommend to do.

Yes, on W10 and W2012, it is required to switch to the RemoteApp mode (and we support it even on W10 Home).

Kind regards

John