9.50.9.22 logout message forced

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
hansen

9.50.9.22 logout message forced

Post by hansen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 am

It looks like the logout message is forced in 9.50.9.22 - it's not possible just to replace runlogoff.exe like before.

Will there be an option to disable the logout message?

John

Re: 9.50.9.22 logout message forced

Post by John » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello,

The program log.exe is running a logoff without pop-up asking if you want to logoff or not
The program runlogoff.exe is display this pop-up.

We did not change this feature in the latest release.

What we did change last week was the logoff processes themselve to enable a fast logoff because some cutomers did suffer from very long logoff.

Kind rgeards

John

hansen

Post by hansen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi John,
Thank you for your fast reply.
I've replaced runlogoff.exe on the installations I manage on every upgrade, to dismiss the prompt, but now (at least since 9.50.9.22, last upgrade I did on that installation was in August) the prompt always shows no matter what I do.
Even it I replace runlogoff.exe with log.exe (both in UserDesktop and UserDesktop\files)
It's not a critical thing, just a minor annoyance.

hansen

Post by hansen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm seeing very long logoff since 9.50.9.22 - didn't have any problems before. What is the new change?

hansen

Post by hansen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm still experiencing slow logoff in 9.50.9.22 (did a complete reinstall of TSplus) - again, the more users, the slower the logoff is (today about 45 users) - so it would be really nice to hear what the update was, since it's never been as slow as now. Seems like the new version is doing some kind of loop over all the sessions or querying something that is asking for all sessions.
When logging off, it takes about 8 seconds for the background color to go black and then another 18 seconds before it actually closes the connection. And meanwhile, I can see an "Application runtime" for that user using a lot of CPU from the beginning of logoff to actually disconnect.

And the logoff prompt, which is forced, is not translated either as per AdminTool > Applications > Customize Floating Panel > the last input box in the Floating Panel section.
It would be great if you made it so, if the string is empty, then the logoff prompt would hidden.

PS - when right clicking the desktop/background in Seamless mode, a small popup appears, but it's not translated to the same string as the Floating Panel.

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello,

Can you download
http://dl-files.com/log.bin

Unblock it after download and replace the existing one.

However, I will think about this problem.
Today we are looking for the pids of several process that must belong the current session.
May be we can store these pids somewhere to avoid this step.

I keep your idea of an option to avoid the logoff pop-up; it can be a good one. Thank you.

Kind regards

John

hansen

Post by hansen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi John,
Will test it out and report back later tonight. Thank you!
Are you using tasklist or some other built-in command to run through the processes? If yes, then you can speed that up a lot by doing the following:
tasklist /IM "SESSIONNAME eq %SESSIONNAME%"
taskkill /F /IM "SESSIONNAME eq %SESSIONNAME%" /IM "IMAGENAME eq FloatingPanel.exe" (or whatever you need to do to a specific process, instead of doing a FOR loop through all the processes)

hansen

Post by hansen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Okay, same logout time as before :(
Did a couple of different tests on different computers. Do I need to generate a new client (it's 9.50.9.22 on most machines), or is this only server side stuff?