Session management.

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
AadGouka

Session management.

Post by AadGouka » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:57 am

Hi,

I use the sessionmanagement from within TSplus. Everytime I install an update, I have to adjust the settings again
to my values. Is there a way for you to overcome this ??

Best regards,

Aad Gouka

admin
Site Admin

Re: Session management.

Post by admin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello,

Could you be more specific about which setting is not being saved ? We know that we need to enhance this. Meanwhile the best workaround I can suggest is to use the backup / restore feature of TSplus.

Open an admintool, click on the server tile tab, then click on locate "Backup your server parameters". everything is saved in a newly creater folder C:\Backupparam
You can now update TSplus on this server, and click on "Restore your server parameters" to restore everything.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

AadGouka

Post by AadGouka » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:29 pm

One option we use is "Terminate any disconnected session after". This option is set to 1 after updating.
A second option is "Only one session per user. The second session wil capture the first one". This one is also altered
after updating.

I will keep installing the backup in mind if you are sure that all settings remain the same, like Credentials and all
the webstuff.

Best regards,

Aad Gouka

IvanGB

Post by IvanGB » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi.

There are other properties that face this issue. And no, using the "Backup your server parameters" option doesn't restore some properties afterwards. I always use it and after restoring, I still have to go back and re-enter some values.

In my case, I have found out that the "Terminate any disconnected session after" won't restore, I use 60 minutes and always have to enter the value. Also, the "Only one session per user: ..." has to be re-entered. Lately, I have found out that the Photo property in the Web Portal Design has to be entered again, although it is there already, and then Save in order to go back to what was set before.

It is kind of a pain to go back to them all every update for 1 server, imagine going through all the clients where we installed TSplus on. :-)

It would be great to have this fixed.

Thanks.

Ivan

jkuijt

Post by jkuijt » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 am

+1

I made a special "Settings Utility" that set our important settings back in several TSplus INI files.
So after an update, we run our utility and all is well.

Best regards
Jeffrey

hansen

Post by hansen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 pm

+1

It would be great if we didn't have to redo settings after an upgrade.

hansen

Post by hansen » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 am

@Olivier : could you give an update if this will be fixed in 9.50 ?

John

Post by John » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello,

Yes, you are absolutely right.

We will add this fix for the next releases.

Kind regards

John Davies

hansen

Post by hansen » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi John. Thank you for feedback!
While you're at it, the ClientGenerator doesn't save all settings anymore - i.e. Slow/Fast bandwidth and which local drives to connect.
It's not critical, but just takes longer to generate a new client, when you have to verify all settings every time.