Portable Client Generator

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
Colin

Portable Client Generator

Post by Colin » Sat May 21, 2016 11:44 am

The portable client generator is difficult/slow to use when a lot of users need to be added. Here are some suggested changes to fix the problems...
1) The Login name field should be a drop-down selection so that spelling errors in user names is not possible.
2) The client icon field should retain the details of the last entered icon as it is time-consuming to re-enter it every time.
3) The client name field changes the description of the file name which should not happen. Eg if I enter "John (space) Smith.exe" the created file ends up being called JohnSmith.exe (with no spaces)
4) Remove the "The Remote desktop client client has been copied on your desktop" message which is displayed once you click the "Create Client" button. At the very least this should be a message that disappears quickly. No mouse click should be necessary to continue.
5) Don't ask if I want to create another connection client. It only takes one click to close the portable client generator form if I don't want it to create any more users, so the question is redundant.
6) When the Windows Client Generator form re-opens after creating a client icon, focus the cursor on the User logon field so I don't have to use the mouse to start creating another user.

This is not as important but...
7) The created file is around 10 MB which is large and rejected by many of my clients if I want to email it to them. I know there are other means of transferring the file, but if it could be compressed any further that would be helpful. I tried using UPX.exe to compress the file but it seems the created exe is not compressible using that technique.

Thanks for considering.
Colin

Additional Edit: I just noticed that some generated files were around 2 MB in size. Not sure why the difference between the file sizes, one of the options must change the created file size. 2MB file size is fine.