HTML5 version: resizing window feature request

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
cesare

HTML5 version: resizing window feature request

Post by cesare » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:07 am

Hello

Discovering the great features of TSplus by HTML5, I note it is actually needed to maximize the browser window BEFORE starting the connection.

It will be nice to have the page automatically resized on resizing browser window.

Am not so technical expert but I saw this as possible, meaning on browser resizing the content (any published application) get automatically resized.

Considering am recommending TSplus to our customers as great solution, I think the above is actually a missing and nice to have feature.

Thanks a lot.

cseeber

Re: HTML5 version: resizing window feature request

Post by cseeber » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 am

If you haven't upgraded yet, this is in 9.10.x.x and works well.

cesare

Post by cesare » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have noted that resize browser is working now with 09.10.2.10 we are using.

But there is one unexpected behaviour on resizing, please see details and screenshot of the problem on this thread:
http://tsplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3664

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks !

IvanGB

Post by IvanGB » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Yep, I can confirm that.

The application resizes correctly, but the taskbar like Icon on the bottom right corner doesn't get moved to the new position and stays on a wrong position.

jkuijt

Post by jkuijt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:53 pm

... but the taskbar like Icon on the bottom right corner doesn't get moved to the new position and stays on a wrong position.
+1000

Yes, please fix this if possible...

Best regards
Jeffrey

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello,

according to main office they reuse third part windows program for background decoration where they do not have the requested level of control to resize it on the fly.
My proposal, just use native desktop only, it will resize without issues (at least on new Windows system where Microsoft supports it). I as html5 developer I have no contol over the windows running programs, so it is not html5 related issue.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

cesare

Post by cesare » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Hello Juwagn

thanks for the reply, but am not able to understand your suggestion: can you kindly describe better what you are suggesting to do to solve this issue (for what we can do as TSPlus administrator) ?

I know it is just an "Estetic issue", because I confirm main application resize correctly to full screen on browser window resize, but seeing on the back the application button and main desktop not moving correctly to bottom right is not nice at all, considering our users use mostly the HTML5 browser as client of our main application (see please "Problem Browser resizing.png").

I kindly re-ask the team if possible to find a solution.

Thanks again.
Attachments
Problem Browser resizing.png
Problem Browser resizing.png
(43.92 KiB) Downloaded 2794 times

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:26 pm

>>I kindly re-ask the team if possible to find a solution.
The answer I got today was clear NO. It is a pity I have to tell you that.

>> can you kindly describe better what you are suggesting to do to solve this issue
Just use common desktop without top bar menu. I know, it is not expected approach, but common Microsofts desktop has at least no such resizing issues.(Microsoft did a lot of work to finally support resizing on the fly for their new systems)
Or propose to peoples to start session in wished size if you insist on usage of that menu.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

cesare

Post by cesare » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks again Juwagn for your reply.

I confirm that using the option Microsoft Remote Desktop in TSPlus admin Application control (and not TSPlus Remote TaskBar and Floating Panel) the resize is working, as you were proposing.

But actually all our users are using (with satisfaction) the Floating Panel.

I kindly re-ask the team, if possible, if we can wait for one solution to this HTML5 resize problem or definetly tell our users that Floating Panel will be not used anymore and will be replaced by Microsoft Remote Desktop option.

Thanks again.

jkuijt

Post by jkuijt » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:34 pm

+1

Lately we are also using the Floating Panel on HTML5 and we like it better now than the TSplus Remote Taskbar (for example Logon Theme).
So perhaps it is possible to fix this in the Floating Panel?
Our customers heavily use the HTML5 client and we don't want to give them a full Remote Desktop, so that's why we use the Floating Panel or TSplus Remote Taskbar.

Or else perhaps an option in settings.js:
resize_html5 = true;

When true: Resize session when TSplus is running on Windows 8.1/10/2012R2.
When false: Use resize behavior like when TSplus is running on Windows 7, so use scaling to "resize". This was the behavior in the past.

Best regards
Jeffrey