Universal Printer features

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
filipecosta

Universal Printer features

Post by filipecosta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi,
We’ve had some problems using Universal Printer and recently started using TsPrint from Terminal Work, and I must say their printing solution is far more stable and complete than Universal Printer.
Here is some problems / limitations we encountered, and a TsPrint comparison:

Universal Printer:
    1. We are forced to configure it either to print directly on the client printer or select a local printer using IcePDF ou Sumatra
      2. Often anti-virus on the client computer blocks tsplus printing (i know we need to add Tsplus folder to the antivirus exclusions, but when you have hundreds of clients accessing your servers and you don't have direct access to their computers this situation turns into a nightmare. Your users assume your application is not working and clog our support, and you have to ask remote access and configure it.)
        3. On one printer we had problems with paper orientation, it refused to print in landscape. This particular problem only manifested itself on an OKI model, and no matter what we did (updating drivers, firmaware, printer settings, changing the report in question, etc) we could never solve it.

TsPrint:
          1. You have 3 printers installed automatically:
          TsPrint Default - Prints directly to default local printer with no questions asked
          TsPrint Printer - Shows a form similar to IcePDF asking the user to select the desired printer with one MAJOR BONUS: unlike your printer selection form this ALLWAYS stays on top of all other windows even when it loses focus. I already created a support ticket reporting this, and your support response was not satisfatory. If another software can do this, so can yours.
          TsPrint PDF - generates a pdf and has the option to send it by mail.
            2. So far we did not have any problems with antivirus, everything runs smoothly
              3. No problems printing in any model, everything prints exactly right

I hope you guys continue to develop Tsplus features and i can incorporate this changes.