"Open Files on Client Side" for HTML 5 clients

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
Robert

"Open Files on Client Side" for HTML 5 clients

Post by Robert » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:51 pm

You have a great product, however there are a number enhancements we would like to see in the HTML 5 client. Our number two request is that the HTML 5 client have "Open Files on Client Side" and "Open URLs on Client Side" capabilities. Our software was developed for windows desktop and it can send files and URLs to the user via Window’s Shell API. It would be great to push these files to our HTML 5 client users. Likewise it would be great to open another tab on the user’s browser for URL we want. When "Open Files on Client Side" is tried with a HTML5 client in MS Internet Explorer, an error message appears. But when "Open Files on Client Side" is tried with HTML 5 client in a Firefox web browser, the feature does somewhat work. TSplus will copy the file to the user’s documents folder then send the file to the browser. This worked consistently in version 7.50. Unfortunately after Version 7.60, the download only works on the first file. But since your official policy is that "Open Files on Client Side" does not work with HTML 5 clients, I cannot say that version 7.60 has a bug. Nevertheless, should an enhancement be made to allow "Open Files on Client Side" and "Open URLs on Client Side" for HTML 5 clients, we would be prefer that the file and URL sent to the client be sent from a folder that is deleted after the users session ends.

Thank-you.
Rob

Robert

Re: "Open Files on Client Side" for HTML 5 clients

Post by Robert » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Version 7.70 allows both Files and URLs to be "Opened on Client" for HTML 5 Clients. Thank-you very much. :)
Unfortunately the file or a HTML file containing the URL that is opened on client is placed in the user's "my documents" folder. I not sure, but this folder is the folder selected as the folder to place uploaded files, which is "my documents" in our configuration. We would be happier, if the downloaded files be placed in a temporary folder that is deleted after the session is ended. The user does not need another copy of the file and especially the HTML file in their "my documents" folder on the server.
Comments from TSplus administrators would be nice.
Thank-you.