Demo Expiry Limit

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
dcipher

Demo Expiry Limit

Post by dcipher » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi

When the demo expires it would be helpful if you could still connect for a limited time say 10 minutes before being disconnected. The reason I suggest this is because I recently had the following experience. I setup TSPlus on a server in a data centre 2000 miles away and my only access to the server is via Remote Desktop. The demo license expired before I could update it with the permanent license. So when I tried to connect to the server it logged me out after a fews seconds because the license had expired. So I was unable to uninstall TSPlus or update the license to a permanent one. So if I had a 5 or 10 minute window I would be able to either uninstall the software or install a license without being locked out of the server. As it was I had to call the data centre and they sent a technician to uninstall TSPLus.

Thanks
Simon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Demo Expiry Limit

Post by admin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:16 am

Hello,

This issue is well known and has been fixed recently, a pop up reminding the administrator that the trial is coming to an end should now be displayed properly.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

matrix786

Post by matrix786 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Suggestion

If the demo license is expired, there should be a tool to apply the license like a small script that can be run to apply the license without going in the admin

lmir

Post by lmir » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 am

I have the same problem. After the license expired I cannot access my machine with standard RDP, as the TsPlus signs me off from the machine automatically.

This is a sersious problem to our users and a serious threat to our projects since we cannot access this machine anymore.
We use the newest Tsplus version and the machine has windows 8.1 installed.

How can I access the machine again?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello,

Uninstalling TSplus will restore the default behavior of your server, and you can also request a new trial license by opening a support ticket.
Olivier

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:56 am

Hi

I cannot uninstall TSPlus if I do not have access to the server on the other side of the country. There needs to be a method to install a license from the command line or at least the when the license expires the program prompts you for a license file so you are not locked out. I just had this happen again because I uninstalled TSPlus so I could fix some issues and once I re-installed the software I was greeted with the "Trial Expired" message again.

Simon

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:11 am

I have solved this problem by remotely accessing the server drive and renaming the logonsession.exe. Then accessed the TaskMgr while the error dialog was displayed to run explorer.exe and uninstalled TSPlus.

Simon

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Having thought about this a little more. I think a better solution than just saying your trial has expired would be to offer the following three options:

1) Buy a License
2) Activate an existing license (in case you are re-installing a previously licensed version)
3) Uninstall TSPlus

Using anyone of these options would ensure that you are never accidentally locked out of your server.

Thanks,
Simon White

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:12 am

Hello,

As the 8.40 is coming out soon, the behavior of licensing will be different : When the trials comes out, one session will always be available with limited features (no printing or web access client), which will allow you to either uninstall TSplus or setup your permanent license. I know this on going issue as been a pain to deal with, but I can assure you that 8.40 will definitely solve this once and for all.
Olivier

dcipher

Post by dcipher » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 pm

That sounds good.

Simon