Warning of nearing/reaching user limit

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
jheymann

Warning of nearing/reaching user limit

Post by jheymann » Sat May 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm concerned about what happens when the user limit is reached. For planning purposes, it would be useful to know when the user limit is reached, or approached. I can think of two ways to accomplish this. First, some kind of report, showing maximum session count over time. Second, a warning when the user count reaches a predefined limit. For the second option, you could just generate a Windows Application or System log entry. Windows could then be used to email an alert, or whatever other actions were required.

I'm thinking of two thresholds. First, a warning when there is only one free user connection (ie, 19 out of 20 in use). Then, an error when a session is denied due to all sessions in use. Ideally, these thresholds would be modifiable in the admin tool (Log Warning message on nearing user limit (specify #, or zero for no warning), Log Error message on attempt to exceed user limit Y or N).

If I've overlooked a capability that is already there, I apologize. Please let me know where it is.

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning of nearing/reaching user limit

Post by admin » Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 am

Hello,

This is actually a good idea to add maybe in a future release. I will have a word with the dev team about this :)
As you may already know, TSplus counts the number of users connected simultaneously.
So to prevent reaching the user limit I tend to recommend to set up a short time for ending disconnected user sessions. This is done in the admin tool / Server tile / Group policy (GPO).
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning of nearing/reaching user limit

Post by admin » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

Hello again,

I can now confirm that there will be in the future (probably in a few month) a monitoring feature in TSplus with detailed graphics and customizable alerts.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator