User Remote Control

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
killerb

User Remote Control

Post by killerb » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:49 am

Hi,
Do you have and I have just missed, a method of remotely accessing a users session/app for the purpose of troubleshooting/teaching?
I know if I install Terminal Services (remote desktop now) in windows it will give me a couple options to right click the user and remote control.
Citrix does the same for getting inside a published App.

I would really really like it if you able to supply this functionality.

I am current evaluating using TSPlus on at least 8 servers (2012) to provide remote desktop functionality for 30+ uses on each server, in remote branches.
Everything is working fine except I cannot shadow/remote control their session.

Just done more research, it seems 2012 RDS doesn't have shadow/remote functionality, I believe the functionality will be found in SCCM 2012. No help for me.

Guess it is now an opportunity for TSPlus to add value through functionality.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: User Remote Control

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello,

I haven't tested this specific features on 2012 but I made a tutorial video regarding that specific subject here : youtu.be/IMOLIaXuPbw
You might have to configure a Group Policy in order to make it work the way you want thought, more about this here : tsplus.net/support/kb/faq.php?id=33

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

killerb

Post by killerb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi,
Unfortunately with 2012 this method does not work.
There is no default option to remote control, but you can still connect and completely take over the session, which requires the users password.
So if you guys could wave your magic programming wand and have a remote control option in a future release that would be awesome.

ratz

Post by ratz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:58 am

You can use Logmein to shadow a terminal session just fine. I just tested it with the current release and it works perfect. Caveat we use Logmein Pro so someone would have to test Logmein Free to see if that works. When you connect to a terminal server; you get an extra drop down in the logmein options; it will say "TERMINAL SERVER" and it will have list of active sessions; pick the one you want to shadow and poof you are in business.

PrasunBose

Post by PrasunBose » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 am

You can use on premise R-HUB remote support servers. It works well.