Load balancing - Modify server on load balancer enable / disable.

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
fakebrains

Load balancing - Modify server on load balancer enable / disable.

Post by fakebrains » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:30 pm

I have a scenario where we use Microsoft Azure servers running TSPlus with load balancing.
During nights and weekends we would like to shutdown / de allocate the servers.

We would like to block new incoming connections to our night / weekend servers so we can shut them down.
A server schedule would be a good implementation for this. I do not see anything for this as of yet.

Here is our scenerio
8:00 am - 5:00 PM - server on , accepts connections
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - does not accept any new connections, keeps current connections active
7:05 PM - message users to logoff, does not accept new connections
7:10 PM - Logoff users. No new users. All connections are closed.
7:11 PM Azure script to shutdown and de allocate system.
Last edited by fakebrains on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Load balancing - Scheduling servers to accept connections

Post by admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:04 am

Hello,

You can set up the work hour access restriction : http://www.terminalserviceplus.com/docs ... strictions
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

fakebrains

Re: Load balancing - Scheduling servers to accept connections

Post by fakebrains » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:53 pm

I took a look at the work hours restrictions and it it would not work in our scenario since we want to block new connections from from load balancing to the swing shift servers. Those will be going off in a few hours but want to start having users get connected to our 24/7 only server. The working hours feature does An automatic disconnection at the end of the configured work time is made. So all users would be disconnected at the end of working hours. We just want to keep those connections running on the server but stop new ones.
Like if I were to manually go in to the load balancer each day and manually disable or enable the server for load balancing.
There should be a schedule there as well, to help routing. Is there a service I can stop on the swing servers to make then disabled on the main load balancer ?