IP Addresses

Help us improve our product. Feature requests are welcomed!
laurencecope

IP Addresses

Post by laurencecope » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:24 pm

It occurred to me that TSPlus could add a second server setting in the ClientGenerator so that if the connection to the first IP address fails it could automatically switch to the 2nd IP address setting.

admin
Site Admin

Re: IP Addresses

Post by admin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello,

After studying this question it appears that we will not do this. You can always generate a second connection client if you want to connect to a second server.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

laurencecope

Post by laurencecope » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:36 am

Imagine this
I have two Gateways and normally everyone uses gateway1.
Gateway1 is unavailable today so we want all the users to use gateway2.
We now have to create and send out a new connection client to all our users (500+) and let them know to use the new connection2 connect client.
When we want to go back and use Gateway1 again we have to repeat the emails asking the users to use the original connection client.

How much simpler would it be to just build a second connection string into the one connection client.

This would be great for maintenance when we want to take down one gateway for while.

fernandolorenzi

Post by fernandolorenzi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Hello, your idea is very cool. But we also have good alternatives outside.

I have a similar scenery here, and I use a unique address. When I need to direct to another server, I change the IP on my domain.
At another company, I use DNS redirection services like Dyndns, which responds very well to our need.

laurencecope

Post by laurencecope » Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am

Thanks, Fernando