Load Balancing and Failover

Get help with installation and setup problems
UDay

Load Balancing and Failover

Post by UDay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 am

I am testing out Load balancing on 4 servers.

I have few questions.

1) Is installing TS plus software on all servers a must, if I want to use all 4 for load balancing
2) Should I enable load balancing on servers. I mean , I have srv1, srv2 , srv3, srv4. In Srv1 load balancing I added srv2,3 and 4. Should I do the same for all servers. If I need not what will happen if srv1 crashes?
3) what is the behavior of Load balancing if one server fails?
4) In windows RD Gateway, can be set as entry point and then setup servers for load balancing. Does such option exits in TSplus?
Please advise.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Load Balancing and Failover

Post by admin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Hello,

I will answer below :
1) Is installing TS plus software on all servers a must, if I want to use all 4 for load balancing
Yes, load balancing requires that TSplus be installed and licensed on all servers. It is also highly recommended to keep all servers of the farm with the same release.
2) Should I enable load balancing on servers. I mean , I have srv1, srv2 , srv3, srv4. In Srv1 load balancing I added srv2,3 and 4. Should I do the same for all servers. If I need not what will happen if srv1 crashes?
You only need to activate load balancing on one server. If srv1 crashes, load balancing will fail, this can be prevented by activating load balancing on a second server.
3) what is the behavior of Load balancing if one server fails?
Any incoming connection will be redirected to the most available server.
4) In windows RD Gateway, can be set as entry point and then setup servers for load balancing. Does such option exits in TSplus?
Please advise.
The use of RD Gateway is not supported with TSplus load balancing. You will be able to connect to a load balanced farm with the TSplus web portal or a TSplus connection client.

More information about load balancing can be found here : https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/doc ... ng-feature
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

taknts

Re: Load Balancing and Failover

Post by taknts » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:53 am

Hi UDay,

You can add DNS failover to Srv1, I tested but my TSPlus gateway crash after some time and I have to reinstall the application.

My lab set up srv1, srv2 and srv3 all as gateway and load balancing between all servers, DNS failover order from srv1, srv2 then srv3 if the host offline., when srv1 off all traffic will point to srv2 and the load balancing will still work srv2 and srv3, if srv2 off srv3 still will available.

Eric
Last edited by taknts on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.