RDP Defender missing??

Get help with installation and setup problems
chin007

RDP Defender missing??

Post by chin007 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:01 pm

HI
I have just installed version 10.50.10.26 and noticed that RDP defender is missing from Security tab?
I see RDP Knight which is not free. Why?
Is this a replacement for RDP defender?
I think you guys should have left RDP defender as free and then charge for RDP knight.

bzdega

Re: RDP Defender missing??

Post by bzdega » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Me too is missing the rdp-defender.

Is it a bug in the new version?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am

Hello,

RDP defender is still present in C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files
Launch the "Setup-RDPdefender.exe" for this purpose. We are currently promoting our latest security add on : RDS-Knight.
RDS-Knight will provide more security features than RDP defender, check it out here for more information : https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/rds-knight.php
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

TSPlusSMD

Post by TSPlusSMD » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

RDP Defender doesn't work. That makes me a little leery of RDS-Knight. Basically what you are saying is that TSPlus is wide open to hacks.... unless you want to spend yet more money. It should be part of TSPlus. Just sayin....

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:39 am

Hello,

When we developed TSplus, our main focus was remote access. Security is a different topic on which we invested later on.

We stopped the support of RDP defender to focus on RDS knight, which has a wider range of configuration supported. You can check all of the recent update log here : https://dl-files.com/RDS-Knight-changelog.txt

RDS Knight is available for download in demo version so it is easy to try and setup to see if it matches your need.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator