Load Balancing with Web Credentials and URL Command Line

Get help with installation and setup problems
indyrhett

Load Balancing with Web Credentials and URL Command Line

Post by indyrhett » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 pm

​I'm trying to setup our cloud based system so it will use 2 Servers (1 Gateway/Server and 1 Server) with Load Balancing. I'm also trying to get it to use Web Credentials with No Password. This works if I have turned on: Generate a Gateway Portal enabled Web Page. However I really want to avoid this portal page at all, and simply use a command line to login to the server and have it choose a server to hit based upon load balancing. This doesn't seem to work - it seems to always pick the Gateway Server (that is also being used as an application server).

​I'm using this:

​http://#.#.#.#/software/html5.html?user=@indycloud

​Is there a way to use this URL command line with a Web Credential with no password and still have it use load balancing to pick an appropriate server to hit?

​Thanks,

​Rhett Price
​IndySoft

juwagn
Site Admin

Re: Load Balancing with Web Credentials and URL Command Line

Post by juwagn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Hello,

if you want to access sub-server then you have to change the link as in following example
​http://#.#.#.#/~~your_subserver/software/html5.html?user=@indycloud
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

indyrhett

Post by indyrhett » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but not sure if that's really what I need. I'm not trying to hit a sub-server directly. I just want to hit the Gateway with a Credential and have it automatically pick the correct load balanced server to connect to (without using the login page). The direct URL seems to just pick the Gateway every single time.

Just to make sure - I did try: http://#.#.#.#(the gateway)/~~#.#.#.#(a specific server)/software/html5.html?user=@indycloud and this still would always launch the application on the Gateway (which is also an App Server).

When I show the login page with gateway info - it will sure enough toggle between the 2 servers as load is applied. Any ideas? I'm using the latest version.

Thanks,

Rhett

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello,

no, that is not so supported as you ask since you have to pass all necessary data prior html5.html gets called.
That is because html5 client and gateway feature are two different independent modules. The decision to call html5.html must be done prior calling it since you get different servers targeted.
this still would always launch the application on the Gateway
The index.html makes the decision to call html5.html on related server. Probably you run not in full balanced mode, in that case this would explain why you are always accessing gateway.

Difference between full and partial balancing mode.
By partial mode gateway plays the role of rdp client and subsever role of rdp server.
By full mode the gateway only showels the data, so that subserver plays the role of rdp client and of rdp server at same time.

As said, html5.html does not include auto resolving of load balancing, this decision must be done prior calling it.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

indyrhett

Post by indyrhett » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Ok, so index.html is required to go through in order to get Load Balancing functionality. What I'm looking for then is a way to have the Index.html page automatically launch the default application.
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 5.14.23 PM.png
(19.04 KiB) Downloaded 1210 times
Would there be a way to 1) automatically fill in the username (Web Credential) to the the index.html file 2) it then auto-pick a server through load balancing, then 3) automatically clicking the "logon" button.

What I'm looking for is the ability to have a user click a URL link from an email that will automatically launch our app in a load balanced way without having to interact with a login screen (we do login within our own application). If there is some better way to do this - I'm all ears.

Thanks!

- Rhett